How to Clean Your Stainless Steel Cooking Grids
With a little effort, your stainless steel cooking grids can look good as new!
Food will build-up on your grids over time and can limit your grills performance and/or affect the flavors of your food. Luckily stainless steel cooking grids are easy to clean. A good rule of thumb is to clean your grids after each use or at least once a month.
There are several ways you can clean your stainless steel cooking grids
- Use a brass bristle brush or balled up aluminum foil to scrape and clean your grids when they are hot.
- Use hot soapy water to soak your grids and then use a nylon scrubby pad.
- Use oven cleaner like Easy-Off as directed to clean caked-on clumps of food and residue off your grids. Once you have cleaned off the build-up make sure to wash them with hot soapy water and a nylon scrubby to remove any additional debris.
- You can put the cooking grids into a large black plastic garbage bag, add enough vinegar to cover your grids, seal the garbage bag and then place in the hot sun for several hours. When you take the grids out you can wash them with hot soapy water and a nylon scrubby to remove any additional debris.
- DO NOT put your grids in a self-cleaning oven.